What is a hybrid mattress, you ask?
The average person spends 26 years of their life in bed. That’s ⅓ of your life spent sleeping, relaxing, and snoozing the alarm until you’re left with 15 minutes to get ready.
With so much of our time spent cosying up in bed, there are two main requirements when choosing a mattress — comfort and support. A hybrid bed is designed for exactly that.
With memory foam being the latest trend in mattresses, sometimes the squishy exterior alone doesn’t provide enough support and we can wake up feeling achy and stiff.
That’s where the hybrid comes in. The multi-layered hybrid mattress combines optimum memory foam comfort with pressure-relieving, supportive springs for a great night’s sleep.
A typical hybrid bed has four layers:
- Base layer: Usually made from a dense foam, this layer gives the mattress a sturdy and stable foundation for the other layers
- Primary support: Within this layer are coils and springs to provide spinal support, alleviate pressure and prevent a sinking mattress
- Foam(s) layer: To protect the springs and your spine, different foams combine to create a perfect pillowy layer of comfort.
- Pillow top: Depending on the style of hybrid mattress, the pillow top provides extra cushioning and a soft exterior on the mattress.
Memory foam vs Hybrid mattress
The memory foam mattress-in-a-box is a hot commodity at the moment. With multiple layers of low-resistance polyurethane foam, these mattresses rely on body heat and pressure to mould to the shape of your body that allows you to sink in as you lay down.
Hybrid mattresses like the Eva Mattress Plus are the best of both worlds. They combine the marshmallowy memory foam with the structure of pocket springs so you still get that ‘sink in’ feeling but with a little bounce and a lot of support.
Why we think the Eva Mattress Plus is the best hybrid mattress (no bias necessary)
More layers, more benefits. By combining three layers of foam with the support of pocket springs, the Eva Mattress provides optimal support for back, stomach and side sleepers.
- Tri-foam Comfort layer: A flippable layer for customising your comfort, made up of three foams with two sides that each offer a different but equally luxurious experience.
- Density Foam Support Layer: This is the middle-man between the soft-upper and structured-lower layers of the mattress for the perfect degree of firmness, comfort and support
- Five zone pocket springs: Perhaps the most important layer for co-sleepers, pocket springs minimise disturbance from tossing and turning leaving you to sleep while they settle
- Edge support: Supported by robust springs and a dedicated foam encasement, your partner, cat or sleeping habits won't affect your ability to sprawl across your mattress
Ready to go hybrid?
Now that you’re an expert on hybrid mattresses, we’re sure you’re ready to try one out and see what all the fuss is about.
At Eva, we’re big on trying before you buy. With our 365 day trial, you can feel the difference of our Eva Mattress Plus in the comfort of your own home and if you don’t like it, though we’re sure you will, we’ll pick it up free of charge and refund you in full. No regrets needed.
The Eva Mattress
Looking for a great value mattress-in-a-box? Buy the Eva Mattress online and experience the dreamy comfort of plush memory foam with the premium support of pocket springs.