What is a hybrid mattress?
What is a hybrid mattress, you ask?
The average person spends 26 years of their life in bed. That’s ⅓ of your life spent sleeping, relaxing, and snoozing the alarm until you’re left with 15 minutes to get ready.
With so much of our time spent cosying up in bed, there are two main requirements when choosing a mattress — comfort and support. A hybrid bed is designed for exactly that.
With memory foam being the latest trend in mattresses, sometimes the squishy exterior alone doesn’t provide enough support and we can wake up feeling achy and stiff.
That’s where the hybrid comes in. The multi-layered hybrid mattress combines optimum memory foam comfort with pressure-relieving, supportive springs for a great night’s sleep.
A typical hybrid bed has four layers:
- Base layer: Usually made from a dense foam, this layer gives the mattress a sturdy and stable foundation for the other layers
- Primary support: Within this layer are coils and springs to provide spinal support, alleviate pressure and prevent a sinking mattress
- Comfort layer: To protect the springs and your spine, the comfort layer combines memory foam, latex and gel beads for cushioning and heat regulation
- Pillow top: Depending on the style of hybrid mattress, the pillow top provides extra cushioning and a soft exterior on the mattress
Get $100 Off
The Eva Mattress
Memory foam vs Hybrid mattress
The memory foam mattress-in-a-box is a hot commodity at the moment. With multiple layers of low-resistance polyurethane foam, these mattresses rely on body heat and pressure to mould to the shape of your body that allows you to sink in as you lay down.
Hybrid mattresses like the Eva Mattress are the best of both worlds. They combine the marshmallowy memory foam with the structure of pocket springs so you still get that ‘sink in’ feeling but with a little bounce and a lot of support.
Why we think the Eva Mattress is the best hybrid mattress (no bias necessary)
The average hybrid mattress has four elements, but we’ve introduced a fifth layer for a comfortable, supportive, sag-free sleep.
The five elements of Eva
More layers, more benefits. By combining three layers of foam with the support of pocket springs, the Eva Mattress provides optimal support for back, stomach and side sleepers.
- Gel memory foam: Infused with millions of gel beads, our memory foam provides temperature regulation and moulds to the shape of your body for personalised support
- Premium latex foam: Considering the average person has their mattress for 10 years, this layer is important. Eva’s latex is naturally dust-mite resistant and antimicrobial with an open cell and pinhole structure for maximum breathability and flexibility
- Density Foam: This is the middle-man between the soft-upper and structured-lower layers of the mattress for the perfect degree of firmness, comfort and support
- Five zone pocket spring: Perhaps the most important layer for co-sleepers, pocket springs minimise disturbance from tossing and turning leaving you to sleep while they settle
- Edge support: Supported by robust springs along its side pockets, your partner, cat or sleeping habits won't affect your ability to sprawl across your mattress
Ready to go hybrid?
Now that you’re an expert on hybrid mattresses, we’re sure you’re ready to try one out and see what all the fuss is about.
At Eva, we’re big on trying before you buy. With our 365 day trial, you can feel the difference of our Eva Mattress in the comfort of your own home and if you don’t like it, though we’re sure you will, we’ll pick it up free of charge and refund you in full. No regrets needed.
The Eva Mattress
Looking for Australia's best mattress-in-a-box? Buy the Eva Mattress online and experience the dreamy comfort of plush memory foam with the premium support of pocket springs.